Friday, June 05, 2015

Brooke Johnson's "The Brass Giant," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Brass Giant by Brooke Johnson.

The entry begins:
When I first wrote the book, I had in mind a young Mila Kunis (think That 70’s Show) for my main character, but the more I worked on the story, the more she evolved beyond that and no longer really fit any actor that I knew about. But as a perfect form of procrastination, I often sift through IMDb for actors who look like my characters, and I have a list that I’m constantly adding to and tweaking as I find better actors or more accurate portrayals of my characters. So, without further ado, if Hollywood were to make The Brass Giant into a film today (subject to change on another day of procrastination), I’d cast:

Main Characters:

Chloƫ Grace Moretz as Petra Wade

Liam...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Brooke Johnson's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Brass Giant.

--Marshal Zeringue