Thursday, June 11, 2015

Larry D. Sweazy's "Escape to Hangtown," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Escape to Hangtown by Larry D. Sweazy.

The entry begins:
A few things come to mind about my dream list of actors for Escape to Hangtown. First off, the new book is a continuation from the first book in the Lucas Fume series, Vengeance at Sundown. It is a two-book western series that is compact and capable of being viewed as one story. Since this is my wish list, I’m going for a miniseries rather than a movie. Or a movie in two parts (no need to string it any longer than that—you hear that Peter Jackson?). The first thing I would do is travel back in time when Westerns were at their heyday and start with Sam Peckinpah as the director. The books have a gritty thriller element, and I think Peckinpah would have mastered the storyline, boiled it down to its essentials without losing the emotional center that is a requirement in all good Westerns. A nourish black and white feel would be perfect (I would pick Lucien Ballard as the cinematographer).

Lucas Fume, the main character, is a fiery hothead with Scottish heritage, so Robert...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Larry D. Sweazy's website and blog.

Coffee with a Canine: Larry D. Sweazy & Brodi and Sunny (April 2011).

Coffee with a Canine: Larry D. Sweazy & Brodi and Sunny (April 2013).

The Page 69 Test: The Badger’s Revenge.

The Page 69 Test: The Devil's Bones.

My Book, The Movie: The Devil’s Bones.

The Page 69 Test: The Coyote Tracker.

The Page 69 Test: The Gila Wars.

Writers Read: Larry D. Sweazy.

My Book, The Movie: Escape to Hangtown.

--Marshal Zeringue