Monday, June 08, 2015

Gary Corby's "Death Ex Machina," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Death Ex Machina by Gary Corby.

The entry begins:
It’s lovely to be back for My Book, the Movie, for no less than the fifth time. I write a series, the Athenian Mysteries, with two regular detectives called Nicolaos and Diotima.

Death Ex Machina is the perfect book for My Book, The Movie! Because this is a very theatrical murder.

Death Ex Machina takes place in 458BC, at the Theater of Dionysos, the world’s first theater, when plays and acting have only just been invented. A ghost is haunting the theater, and it’s Nico and Diotima’s job to rid the theater of the ghost, plus solve a murder that happens along the way.

Casting this for a movie is going to be fun, because most of the ancient world’s greatest playwrights are characters in the book. So let’s begin.

The play in the book is Sisyphus, King of Corinth. It was written by none other than Sophocles.

The best actor to play Sophocles is none other than...[read on]
Visit Gary Corby's blog.

The Page 69 Test: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: Sacred Games.

My Book, The Movie: Sacred Games.

The Page 69 Test: The Marathon Conspiracy.

My Book, The Movie: The Marathon Conspiracy.

Writers Read: Gary Corby.

My Book, The Movie: Death Ex Machina.

--Marshal Zeringue