Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Elyssa Friedland's "Love and Miss Communication," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland.

The entry begins:
Ahh! This was truly an amazingly fun exercise, especially because I really believe my novel Love and Miss Communication is very cinematic. Any movie producers out there? I hope you’re reading this!

The book would definitely translate into a romantic comedy, and who better to star as Evie Rosen, my lovable, neurotic heroine, than Emma Stone? To be honest I didn’t picture Evie as a redhead when I was writing the book. Anne Hathaway was kind of in the back of my mind the entire time, but now that I have some distance from it I really see this role as perfect for Emma Stone. She was so amazing in Easy A, which is a really great movie and totally underrated, and while she is absolutely stunning I think she’s able to play an “everyday woman” equally well. Evie is strong, highly intelligent, funny, somewhat misunderstood and just a little bit...[read on]
Visit Elyssa Friedland's website.

The Page 69 Test: Love and Miss Communication.

My Book, The Movie: Love and Miss Communication.

--Marshal Zeringue