Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Jamie Mason's "Monday's Lie," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Monday's Lie by Jamie Mason.

The entry begins:
Oh boy, this task is right up there with all the things I cannot do. Take dancing. I can’t do it. My brain doesn’t speak to my feet like that. In the case of assigning actors to characters I’ve written, it’s the same brand of desperate – mostly because I don’t see my invented people while they’re doing what they do on the page. At best, they’re watercolors. I know some writers see them to the hair of their chinny-chin-chins, but I don’t. I don’t need to. I just need to think them clearly.

I love movies and there are so many fine actors who can peel characters off a page and wear them like masks. I would love to see Monday’s Lie on a screen. I’m just the last person to ask who should do it.

For instance, the mother in my story, Annette Vess, is both a badass covert ops asset and a brilliantly nurturing, cul-de-sac mom. So who to put the swing in her stride and her cookies into the oven? I could imagine...[read on]
Visit Jamie Mason's website.

The Page 69 Test: Monday's Lie.

My Book, The Movie: Monday's Lie.

--Marshal Zeringue