Friday, June 27, 2014

Marie Manilla's "The Patron Saint of Ugly," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Patron Saint of Ugly by Marie Manilla.

The entry begins:
Unabashed bribe: The first person to get The Patron Saint of Ugly into Tim Burton’s and Wes Anderson’s hands will get a dozen cannoli. Seriously. I love their movies. I love their humor and quirkiness, their tilted sadness. I particularly loved Burton’s treatment of one of my all-time favorite books: Big Fish. I love Anderson’s wonderfully weird exploration of family dynamics in The Royal Tenenbaums. The Patron Saint of Ugly is such a quirky, funny, sad, tragic, irreverent, holy book, that it’s begging for Burton’s or Anderson’s vision. Cannoli, everyone. A dozen of them delivered right to your door.

We’re also going to need a skilled...[read on]
Visit Marie Manilla's website.

Writers Read: Marie Manilla.

The Page 69 Test: The Patron Saint of Ugly.

My Book, The Movie: The Patron Saint of Ugly.

--Marshal Zeringue