Sunday, June 29, 2014

Barbara J. Taylor's "Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night by Barbara J. Taylor.

The entry begins:
Interestingly enough, when I think about a movie version of Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night, it’s always to cast the character of Grief, Grace’s alter ego who has haunted her since childhood. While writing the book, I pictured John Malkovich, but not because I was thinking about my novel as a film. Back in the late 80s, I saw Malkovich in a play in London called Burn This, written by Lanford Wilson. Malkovich played Pale, the foul-mouthed, coke-snorting brother of Robbie, a gay dancer who had recently been killed in a boating accident. At first glance, there was nothing appealing about Malkovich’s character with his angry disposition, long greasy hair, and lumbering movements. He’d been dropped into a...[read on]
Learn more about Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night, and follow Barbara J. Taylor on Twitter.

Writers Read: Barbara J. Taylor.

My Book, The Movie: Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night.

--Marshal Zeringue