Wednesday, April 09, 2014

What is Pauline Rowson reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Pauline Rowson, author of Shroud of Evil.

Her entry begins:
Crime, of course, but while I find it difficult to read my contemporaries' crime novels because I don’t want to be influenced by them or find myself comparing my writing with theirs, reading crime novels of the past is a great pleasure.

I’m re-reading for the nth time the stack of Georges Simenon Maigret novels that I have in my collection (by no means all of them). I’ve just finished reading Maigret Takes A Room and Maigret and the Idle Burglar. I love the atmospheric writing, the quick dialogue and the fact that you follow the story through Maigret’s eyes. I also like to count up the number of alcoholic drinks Maigret consumes in a day, it makes me feel far less guilty at...[read on]
About Shroud of Evil, from the publisher:
Rugged Detective Inspector Horton investigates a missing person in a case that has personal ramifications which could end his career...

When a private investigator goes missing, Detective Inspector Horton of Portsmouth CID believes he's probably run off with a woman. But when the man's car turns up, and a shocking discovery is made, things turn serious, and Horton himself embroiled in an investigation that has major personal ramifications, and could potentially end his career.
For more information about Pauline Rowson, visit her website, Twitter perch, and the DI Andy Horton Marine Mystery Facebook page.

Writers Read: Pauline Rowson.

--Marshal Zeringue