Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ken Baker's "How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love by Ken Baker.

The entry begins:
Reflecting the lack of roles for plus-sized actresses in Hollywood, it’s next to impossible to draft much of a list of known actresses who could play Emery Jackson, the outspoken and obese teen narrator of my new novel, How I Got Skinny, Famous and Fell Madly in Love. Although the incredibly funny and talented Rebel Wilson is too old to play Emery, she would have been great, say, nearly ten years ago. So, given Hollywood’s lackluster stable of actresses who approximate Emery’s general age and physical appearance, I defer to Plan B: An actress who could play Emery who also is willing to add weight like others have, such as Charlize Theron in Monster and, to a lesser extent, Renée Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary.

That actress is...[read on]
Visit Ken Baker's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Writers Read: Ken Baker.

The Page 69 Test: How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love.

My Book, The Movie: How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love.

--Marshal Zeringue