Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jim DeFelice’s "The Helios Conspiracy," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Helios Conspiracy by Jim DeFelice.

The entry begins:
One Saturday night not too long ago, I sat down to watch a movie at home with Debra, my (unpaid) editorial advisor, occasional editor, and wife. The movie was The Lincoln Lawyer, which we had somehow missed when it was first released.

The movie stars Matthew McConaughey as an aggressive criminal defense attorney, whose good clients include the local branch of Hells Angels and others of similar repute. (Highly recommended, by the way.)

We were maybe five minutes into the movie when we looked at each other.

“He’s perfect,” said Debra. “He’s absolutely your character. He could play him.”

“You’re right,” I said. I’d noticed the similarity, too. Even though the movie was based on another book – Michael Connelly’s, of the same name as the movie – it was as if the movie had channeled my creation, changing the surrounding and plot, yet somehow nailing the character perfectly. Physically, stylistically – it was him.

“I can’t believe...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Jim DeFelice's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Leopards Kill.

Writers Read: Jim DeFelice.

The Page 69 Test: The Helios Conspiracy.

My Book, The Movie: The Helios Conspiracy.

--Marshal Zeringue