Thursday, December 22, 2011

J.J. Murphy's "Algonquin Round Table Mysteries," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Algonquin Round Table Mysteries by J.J. Murphy.

The entry begins:
Who could play the infamous Dorothy Parker and the members of the Algonquin Round Table in a movie? Fortunately or unfortunately, these were real people. So their appearances are already a matter of record.

Also, I’m going to cheat...I have my own poll on my website, so I’ll let the readers decide. Here’s how they voted:

Dorothy Parker. She was a petite, brown-haired, sharp-tongued young woman [photo left]. So the candidates for this role include Emily Blunt (with 9% of the votes), Rachel McAdams (with 10%), Ellen Page (15%), and Anne Hathaway (18%). But the winner is...Christina Ricci, with almost half (47%) of the votes.

Interestingly, write-in candidates include Helena Bonham-Carter, Selma...[read on]
Learn more about the books and author at J.J. Murphy's website and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: The Algonquin Round Table Mysteries.

--Marshal Zeringue