Friday, March 18, 2011

What is J.T. Ellison reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: J.T. Ellison, author of So Close the Hand of Death.

Her entry begins:
I’m in tricky territory discussing what I’m currently reading, because I’m judging a contest and can’t talk actual titles or authors (a shame, because many of the books are simply divine). So I thought I’d take a look back at 2010 and share the books that meant the most to me. Four books spring to mind that shaped my thinking.

On the fiction side, I was utterly blown away by Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games trilogy. I read all three in two days, devoured them. It was more than the stellar writing and unique characterizations, for me it was Collins’s ability to world-build that drew me in. Just like JK Rowling before her, she’s created a world that could be, if you want to believe. I love that appearance of insouciance with words. Like the author is putting down a red carpet paved with rose petals and saying, “Come on in, I invite you.” You can take the story as it is, or...[read on]
Among the early praise for So Close the Hand of Death:
"Ellison’s sixth novel featuring homicide lieutenant Taylor Jackson is arguably her best book to date. A tense thrill ride filled with secrets, raw emotion and death, newcomers will love it as much as her longtime fans. After completing this one, you will scream for the next book."
--Romantic Times, 4 1/2 Stars TOP PICK!

"So Close the Hand of Death is a terrific piece of fiction from the shocking first page to the exquisite, staggering end. The talented J.T. Ellison designs a complex plot with multifarious characters who will chill you and make you glad you are reading fiction safely in a cozy spot."
--Fresh Fiction
Learn more about the book and author at J.T. Ellison's website and blog.

Previous books in the critically acclaimed Taylor Jackson series include All the Pretty Girls, 14, Judas Kiss, The Cold Room, and The Immortals.

The Page 69 Test: All the Pretty Girls.

The Page 99 Test: 14.

The Page 69 Test: 14.

The Page 99 Test: Judas Kiss.

My Book, The Movie: the Taylor Jackson series.

The Page 69 Test: The Cold Room.

My Book, The Movie: The Cold Room.

The Page 69 Test: So Close the Hand of Death.

Writers Read: J.T. Ellison.

--Marshal Zeringue