Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Imogen Robertson's "Instruments of Darkness," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Instruments of Darkness by Imogen Robertson.

The entry begins:
Before I started to write full time I was a TV director, so it’s usual for me to see my books as I write them, just as I used to see the scenes I wanted to film. That said, I rarely have a particular actor’s face in front of me as I work, but when I started writing Lady Thornleigh in Instruments of Darkness, she appeared in my mind looking exactly like Angelina Jolie, only speaking with an English accent. It was rather strange.

I would be overjoyed if the lead, Harriet Westerman, impulsive, frustrated, clever, were played by Emma Thompson. She could write the screenplay too. If she’s not available then it would have to be...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Imogen Robertson's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Instruments of Darkness.

Writers Read: Imogen Robertson.

My Book, The Movie: Instruments of Darkness.

--Marshal Zeringue