Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What is Inara Scott reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Inara Scott, author of Delcroix Academy: The Candidates.

Her entry begins:
For the past month, I've been one giant ball of stress as I awaited the release of my debut novel, Delcroix Academy: The Candidates. (The release date was August 24th -- I'm doing much better now, thanks). In such times, some people turn to comfort food -- I turned to comfort reads (okay -- and a little ice cream, too). These are my favorite books of all time, which I re-read this month to soothe the beast within.

The Belgariad is actually a five book series by David Eddings, beginning with the Pawn of Prophecy. I've re-read three books from the series thus far this month. I think I first read The Belgariad when I was in high school. Every time I re-read it, I learn all over again how a real fantasy writer builds a complex world and establishes strong, unforgettable characters.

My other go-to comfort read is...[read on]
Among the early praise for Inara Scott's Delcroix Academy: The Candidates:
"Let's see if I can properly explain how this novel rocked my socks..."
--Kate Bourne, The Neverending Shelf

"...Dancia, who is street smart rather than book smart, leads a tightly written, intriguing mystery. Delcroix’s complexities will keep readers guessing..."
--Kirkus Reviews
Visit Inara Scott's website and blog.

View the video trailer for Delcroix Academy: The Candidates.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Inara Scott and Riley.

Writers Read: Inara Scott.

--Marshal Zeringue