Thursday, September 02, 2010

Tom Hinshelwood's "The Killer," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Killer by Tom Hinshelwood.

The entry begins:
This is a tough one! Unlike many novelists, when I was writing my first book, I didn’t picture any of my characters played by actors, which in retrospect seems very odd as I wrote The Killer in a very cinematic style. Victor, the enigmatic professional assassin protagonist of my novel is a particularly difficult role to cast as leading men tend to be good looking guys who would stand out in most crowds. This is the antithesis of Victor, who does everything in his power to be anonymous, to blend in to the background, to go unnoticed. He’s even had cosmetic surgery to reduce his attractiveness. He’s also extremely lethal and capable of outfighting multiple skilled enemies, but he’s not some man mountain. He looks like a regular guy, but the actor who plays him has to be believably deadly without piling on the muscle to convince us he could beat up someone.

Even now my book is out I find it difficult to imagine who would play the main characters. Their look and manner are so strongly defined in my imagination that I just can’t be objective. What I can do is pass on who friends and family have suggested. Names as diverse as Christian Bale, Sam Worthington and...[read on]
Learn more about The Killer and its author at Tom Hinshelwood's website.

Writers Read: Tom Hinshelwood.

The Page 69 Test: The Killer.

My Book, The Movie: The Killer.

--Marshal Zeringue