Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Matthew Dicks' "Unexpectedly, Milo," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Unexpectedly, Milo by Mathew Dicks.

The entry begins:
Since the film rights to Unexpectedly, Milo have already been optioned, the question of who should fill the role of Milo is one that I have been asked many times. It’s not a question that is easy for me to answer. Though I see a lot of movies, I tend to focus more upon plot and character than the actual actors who are playing the roles. I often find myself involved in a conversation about actors who I have seen in dozens of films but have never known their actual names.

Keeping that somewhat limited perspective in mind, here is my attempt at casting a few of the lead roles in Unexpectedly, Milo:

Matt Damon seems well suited for the Milo role, and there are people in the film business who agree (and who admittedly planted the idea in my head). While Damon can play the role of an action hero quite well in films like The Bourne Identity, he can also play much less-assuming lead roles in films like The Talented Mr. Ripley and The Informant!. It’s the slightly bumbling, somewhat wayward hero that he played in The Informant! that seems especially apropos for the role of Milo. Likeable but fallible. Capable but flawed.

I also think...[read on]
Visit Matthew Dicks' website and Facebook page.

Writers Read: Matthew Dicks.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Matthew Dicks & Kaleigh.

The Page 69 Test: Unexpectedly, Milo.

My Book, The Movie: Unexpectedly, Milo.

--Marshal Zeringue