Monday, November 02, 2009

Rebecca Barnhouse's "The Book of the Maidservant," the movie

Now showing at My Book, the Movie: The Book of the Maidservant by Rebecca Barnhouse.

The entry begins:
I thought about this and then took a look at the blog. Can't believe it: THE EXACT SAME ACTORS were just cast in a zombie movie that I was considering for my middle grade novel set in the Middle Ages. I thought about changing things, but decided these actors are talented enough to pull off both roles with ease. So here's my vote:

Abigail Breslin would be perfect for Johanna, the maidservant of my title because she can be both naive and feisty. Plus, she has an appealingly medieval-looking face.

And who else could play Dame Margery Kempe, who was either exceedingly pious or completely bats, better than...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Rebecca Barnhouse's website.

Barnhouse teaches and writes about medieval topics and children’s literature set in the Middle Ages.

My Book, the Movie: The Book of the Maidservant.

--Marshal Zeringue