Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A.W. Hill's "Nowhere-Land," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Nowhere-Land by A.W. Hill.

The entry begins:
Stephan Raszer (the name is an acronym), protagonist of Nowhere-Land and the two novels that preceded it, was real for me long before any of his plots took shape.The first tic I pictured was the squint he registers when something doesn't smell right, or when he's faced with a metaphysical puzzlement. It's a gesture stolen from the facial repertoire of the great Steve McQueen, who is the most enduring model for Raszer. When the first book was in movie development at Paramount under Alphaville and director Alex Proyas, I had to give some serious thought to who a latter-day McQueen might be (not that I would have had any say about casting), and I thought of guys like...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at A.W. Hill's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Nowhere-Land.

--Marshal Zeringue