Friday, November 27, 2009

Coffee with a canine: Therese Walsh & Kismet

This weekend's featured duo at Coffee with a Canine: Therese Walsh & Kismet.

Walsh, on how Kismet joined her household:
My daughter participated in a musical competition several years back. She performed very well, so she, my son and I stopped for lunch on the way home to celebrate, then visited a nearby pet store. I saw a cute JR and suggested we take her out to visit. I remember the kids looking at me as if I’d lost my mind, which maybe I had; we weren’t planning to buy a dog. We played with this adorable white pup with brown spots until our time was up, and then Kiz looked at me with eyes that said, “You know I’m for you, right?” So we took her home and have never once regretted the decision. It was kind of funny calling my husband, who was at a gig that day with his band, to say we’d bought a dog. He thought we were kidding at first but fell in mad love with her, too, once he...[read on]
Therese Walsh is a cofounder of the blog WriterUnboxed.com.

The Last Will of Moira Leahy, her first novel, was published last month by Shaye Areheart Books.

Read an excerpt from The Last Will of Moira Leahy, and learn more about the book and author at Therese Walsh's website, blog, and Facebook page. Follow her on Twitter.

The Page 69 Test: The Last Will of Moira Leahy.

Walsh lives in upstate New York, with her husband, two children, a cat, and Kismet.

Read Coffee with a Canine: Therese Walsh & Kismet.

--Marshal Zeringue