Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What is Mil Millington reading?

The latest contributor to Writers Read: Mil Millington, whose novels include A Certain Chemistry, Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About, and Love and Other Near-Death Experiences, to which he applied the "Page 99 Test" earlier this year.

One novel tagged in his entry: Yann Martel's Life of Pi:
I don't think there's much I need to say about The Life of Pi ("Well, it won the Booker, but wait - let's hear what Mil thinks about it" - Everyone). I had to grit my teeth through the 'vital importance of god' and 'all religions are the same, and so lovely and fluffy too' bits, obviously, but, as a story, it just lifts then carries you along in the arms of goodness and the love and respect of Life. [read on]
Millington has written for various magazines, radio, and the Guardian (he also had a weekly column in the Guardian Weekend magazine).

His website has achieved cult status, and he is also a co-founder and co-writer of the online magazine The Weekly.

The Page 99 Test: Love and Other Near-Death Experiences.

Writers Read: Mil Millington

--Marshal Zeringue