Monday, November 05, 2007

S. Hockensmith's "Holmes on the Range," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Steve Hockensmith's Holmes on the Range.

Who should play the lead characters in film adaptations of Holmes on the Range, On the Wrong Track, and the forthcoming The Black Dove? The author has some suggestions:
When people ask me who I’d like to play Big Red and Old Red Amlingmeyer, the cowboy heroes of my Holmes on the Range mysteries, my answer’s always the same: I don’t care if it’s the Wayans brothers, so long as the check clears.

I’ll admit it, though -- I’m just covering my emotional butt there. (And my butt does get rather verklempt, at times.) You see, I know as the writer I have no power over the
casting whatsoever. Heck, I don’t have any power over anything, except maybe what I’ll have for lunch ... and even then it has to be something in the fridge already.

So though it doesn’t make sense to care about something I have no control over (and which probably won’t ever happen anyway), care I would. And I’m sorry, Shawn and Marlon -- I don’t care how good the makeup was in White Chicks. I just can’t see you playing red-haired German-American cowboy-detectives.

Two actor-brothers I could see in the roles are ... [read on]
Read Big Red's blog to learn more about Steve Hockensmith and his writing.

The Page 69 Test: On the Wrong Track.

My Book, The Movie: Holmes on the Range.

--Marshal Zeringue