Thursday, December 14, 2006

"The Blonde," the movie

I recently finished Duane Swierczynski's The Blonde. What a cracking good crime thriller!

But this post isn't a review--you can find some good ones here, here, here, here, here, and...you get the idea--but my pitch for the gig to adapt the novel for the screen.

That adaptation is going to be the easiest screenwriting job of the year. It starts with a powerful high concept conflict; the pace is built into the story; the screenwriter will benefit from a massive CTL-C/CTL-V discount (if Duane will give up the manuscript disc) on the dialogue and not have to invent a word; and the structure of the story/movie is clearly evident.

Call me, Hollywood: I'll adapt this book for the screen...and I'll do it for scale!

My pitch is spelled out in greater detail in this Spot-on post.

--Marshal Zeringue