
Her entry begins:
Currently reading and loving and almost finished with two books:About That May Not Mean What You Think, from the publisher:
Nonfiction: Three Tenses by Ed Park. In this book, every sentence in the book begins with the word 'in'. See what I did there? This is the kind of book I read and wish that I could ever think of such a simple but brilliant idea, and then actually execute it with the lovely, thoughtful, and often humorous prose with which Park sets it down.
Fiction: My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. I know. I was very...[read on]
A visionary and profound new collection from innovative author Elizabeth CraneVisit Elizabeth Crane's website.
Throughout her body of work, Elizabeth Crane’s literary vision has always been singular and innovative, twisting form and bending reality into newuniverses. Her latest collection, That May Not Mean What You Think, explores themes of aging and youth, gender and discrimination, and sex and love. In “Training Module,” Crane takes the structure and protocol of workplace harassment prevention training and turns it on its head; “The Box” tells the story of a woman trying to recover from divorce with the help of a literal unicorn; and “The Youngs” follows a group of teenagers experiencing loss for the first time, clinging to the belief that they’ll live forever. Across these delightfully weird and disarmingly truthful stories, American culture is refracted through humor and heart, asking readers to consider their complicity and to imagine new possibilities of participating in a better future.
Writers Read: Elizabeth Crane (April 2008).
The Page 69 Test: We Only Know So Much.
My Book, The Movie: We Only Know So Much.
Coffee with a Canine: Elizabeth Crane & Percy.
Q&A with Elizabeth Crane.
Writers Read: Elizabeth Crane.
--Marshal Zeringue



