Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Q&A with Christine Gunderson

From my Q&A with Christine Gunderson, author of Friends with Secrets: A Novel:

About the book, from the publisher:
Do you see much of yourself in your characters? Do they have any connection to your personality, or are they a world apart?

Such a great question. I am basically Nikki, one of the main characters in Friends with Secrets. I struggle to stay organized, to keep track of my phone, to keep track of the 7,412 things I need to keep track of as the mother of three kids. And I dread school supply shopping every year.

Like Nikki, I left a job I loved to stay home with my kids. That transition from working person to stay-at-home mom was really hard, and I tackle that in Friends with Secrets.

What non-literary inspirations have influenced your writing?

My kids are a huge influence on my writing because...[read on]
Visit Christine Gunderson's website.

Q&A with Christine Gunderson.

--Marshal Zeringue