Friday, July 04, 2014

Nicolas Barreau's "One Evening in Paris," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: One Evening in Paris by Nicolas Barreau.

The entry begins:
From an early age on I have been fond of films. Be it on television or in the movies. So it is not such a big surprise that I ended up writing a novel where a little art cinema in Paris is the place for romance, secrets and love.

From all the novels, I have written One Evening in Paris has the most wonderful setting for me – not only because it takes place in Paris but in this little charming “Cinema Paradis” where we all would like to sit in those old red velvet seats watching films about true love.

Maybe we would miss the popcorn, but ... well ... you cannot have everything.

And yes – there is this one film that inspired me most: Cinema Paradiso by Giuseppe Tornatore. It’s an old film but every time I see it I’m touched by the eternal truth about love and life. And by the bitter-sweet ending that makes you want to cry and to smile at the same time. That leaves you with the feeling that even if not every dream can come true you can still...[read on]
Visit Nicolas Barreau's Facebook page.

Writers Read: Nicolas Barreau.

My Book, The Movie: One Evening in Paris.

--Marshal Zeringue