Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wiley Cash's "A Land More Kind Than Home," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash.

The entry begins:
A Land More Kind Than Home tells the story of two young brothers and the evil they face in a small North Carolina town in the form of Carson Chambliss, a snake-handling, poison-drinking, fire- carrying pastor whose past is just as mysterious as the power he claims to possess. I didn’t set out to write a novel that features a dangerous religious leader, but it seems that Chambliss has stolen the show; he’s the character that most readers want to talk about. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun creating Chambliss; he brings tension and discomfort to the scene whenever he’s on the page. His terrifying interaction with Adelaide Lyle, the church matriarch who knows too much about him, is what my agent used to sell the novel. Even the sheriff investigating the tragedy that occurs inside the church is made uneasy in Chambliss’s presence.

But imagining Chambliss as an actor was something I hadn’t really thought about until I saw  Ed...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Wiley Cash's website.

Writers Read: Wiley Cash.

My Book, The Movie: A Land More Kind Than Home.

--Marshal Zeringue