Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sophie Hannah's "Little Face," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Sophie Hannah's Little Face and Hurting Distance.

Her entry opens:
If Little Face were to be made into a movie, I would like Kevin McKidd (Trainspotting, Dog Soldiers) to play the part of Simon Waterhouse, the main detective. McKidd is brilliant at being wronged, furious and persecuted, and that is how Simon always feels, so I think he'd be perfect. Vivienne, the controlling mother-in-law, would ideally have been played by Bette Davis - I'm not sure I'm willing to settle for anyone else! [read on]
Sophie Hannah is a bestselling poet and novelist who regularly performs her work both in the U.K. and abroad.

The Page 69 Test: Hurting Distance.

The Page 69 Test: Little Face.

My Book, The Movie: Little Face and Hurting Distance.

--Marshal Zeringue