Friday, November 03, 2023

Q&A with Diane Barnes

From my Q&A with Diane Barnes, author of All We Could Still Have:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I struggled to think of a title for All We Could Still Have. My working title was Life, Unplanned, but I didn’t love it. When I gave a draft to beta readers, I asked them to suggest an alternative. Fortunately, someone suggested All We Could Still Have. It’s a line from the novel and it perfectly captures the meaning of the book. To me it conveys that even when you don’t get what you want or when things don’t go as planned, you can pivot and still be happy. I hope my book leaves readers with that sentiment.

What's in a name?

The protagonist of All We Could Still Have is Nikki...[read on]
Visit Diane Barnes's website.

Q&A with Diane Barnes.

--Marshal Zeringue