Friday, March 26, 2021

Q&A with Nicola DeRobertis-Theye

From my Q&A with Nicola DeRobertis-Theye, author of The Vietri Project:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

It sums up the whole book; moreover it was the only title I ever considered, the title from the earliest days, and no one, from my agent to my publisher, ever suggested changing it, which I think is a mark of success. At first, The Vietri Project refers to the project in the bookstore where my narrator works, of assembling large and mysterious book orders for a signor Vietri, in Rome. Later, when she is traveling and decides to look him up, it becomes her search for the facts of his life, for what answers he might be able to give her about how she should...[read on]
Visit Nicola DeRobertis-Theye's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Vietri Project.

The Page 69 Test: The Vietri Project.

Q&A with Nicola DeRobertis-Theye.

--Marshal Zeringue