Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Q&A with Mark Wheaton

From my Q&A with Mark Wheaton, author of The Quake Cities:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Hopefully the whole thing? My hope is that when you read the title, The Quake Cities, you imagine multiple cities where earthquakes have become so prevalent they warrant such a collective description. I’m hoping it evokes high adventure in a sci-fi setting and draws anyone seeking such a story right in.

How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your new novel?

I hope not at all or, at least, that they'd enjoy it. Some of my favorite stories as a kid were...[read on]
Visit Mark Wheaton's website.

Writers Read: M. G. Wheaton (April 2019).

The Page 69 Test: Emily Eternal.

The Page 69 Test: The Quake Cities.

Q&A with Mark Wheaton.

--Marshal Zeringue