Monday, November 16, 2020

Q&A with Thilde Kold Holdt

From my Q&A with Thilde Kold Holdt, author of Northern Wrath: The Hanged God Trilogy:
What non-literary inspirations have influenced your writing?

The biggest inspiration is undoubtedly the time I’ve spent sailing aboard a Viking warship. By the time I began to sail with the ship I was already halfway through Northern Wrath, but my experience aboard changed my perception of the Vikings and their communities and one can even say that it shaped the novel.

Northern Wrath is about a village’s final battle to protect their way of life. It was only after sailing with the longship that I realised that in reality, the story is not about a village but about a family’s struggle to survive and protect each other. They don’t really need to be blood-related to be family. They’re all from Ash-hill and that is a bond that is as strong as...[read on]
Visit Thilde Kold Holdt's website.

Q&A with Thilde Kold Holdt.

--Marshal Zeringue