Monday, November 09, 2020

Q&A with Bennett R. Coles

From my Q&A with Bennett R. Coles, author of Dark Star Rising:
How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your novel?

I’ve been a science fiction fan since, like, forever and I never really grew out of my childhood fascination with dinosaurs. By high school I’d realized that sailing ships were pretty cool and I’d mostly made up my mind that I was going to join the Navy. 

So if you said, “Hey, Teenage Ben, in 2020 you’re going to publish a novel with a swashbuckling star frigate hunting down space pirates… with dinosaurs,” Teenage Ben would probably nod thoughtfully and say, “Yeah, that sounds like me.” 

Do you find it harder to write beginnings or endings? Which do you change more? 

Interesting question. With Dark Star Rising I knew...[read on]
Visit Bennett R. Coles's website.

The Page 69 Test: Dark Star Rising.

My Book, The Movie: Dark Star Rising.

Q&A with Bennett R. Coles.

--Marshal Zeringue