Saturday, November 21, 2020

Q&A with Kristin Fields

From my Q&A with Kristin Fields, author of A Frenzy of Sparks:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I always know the title of my novels before I start writing. In many ways, the title becomes the question I work backwards to answer. There are many ways that A Frenzy of Sparks connects to the themes of the novel: coming of age, addiction, the civil, political, and societal demands for change (not unlike those of today). In both of my novels, A Lily in the Light and A Frenzy of Sparks, the title has also been a line in the story. 

What's in a name? 

My family is Italian American. Writing this novel was really a way to...[read on]
Visit Kristin Fields's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Lily in the Light.

Writers Read: Kristin Fields (May 2019).

My Book, The Movie: A Frenzy of Sparks.

The Page 69 Test: A Frenzy of Sparks.

Q&A with Kristin Fields.

--Marshal Zeringue