Saturday, August 29, 2020

Q&A with Jenny McLachlan

From my Q&A with Jenny McLachlan, author of The Land of Roar, illustrated by Ben Mantle:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The Land of Roar is one of the few titles I have chosen for my books; many of my titles have been changed by my publishers so it’s great that this one stuck! Hopefully readers will find it intriguing and the ‘Roar’ hints at the humour and dragons to be found inside its pages. It is also made up of the first two letters of the main characters’ names, Rose and Arthur, and is a clue to the observant reader that the fantasy world was created by both of them.

What's in a name?

I find it difficult to start writing until I’m happy with the names of my characters. I called my main character Arthur because it suits him. The boy came first and then I named him! His surname is Trout which is quite close to...[read on]
Visit Jenny McLachlan's website.

Q&A with Jenny McLachlan.

--Marshal Zeringue