Thursday, January 02, 2020

Lars Iyer's "Nietzsche and the Burbs," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Nietzsche and the Burbs by Lars Iyer.

The entry begins:
My title character, Nietzsche, is dark, remote and brilliant. He’s also touched by madness. As such, he’s the perfect lead singer for Nietzsche and the Burbs, the band at the heart of my novel. Could we persuade a young James Duval, who’s appeared in so many great Gregg Araki films to play him? I’m sure he could master the posh English accent.

Paula, the band’s rock-solid bassist, tough but sensitive, open to love, could only be played by the queen of cool, Kirsten Stewart circa the so-so Adventureland. Kirsten would need a Mohican, though.

Art, who thinks of himself as the ideas-man of the band, is a leader of teens, but not conventionally comely. He puts me in mind of...[read on]
Visit Lars Iyer's website.

The Page 69 Test: Nietzsche and the Burbs.

My Book, The Movie: Nietzsche and the Burbs by Lars Iyer.

--Marshal Zeringue