Sunday, July 03, 2016

J. C. Lane's "Tag, You’re Dead," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Tag, You're Dead by J.C. Lane.

The entry begins:
Just thinking about this makes me crazy with excitement. I would so love to see this book as a movie. As millions of other people have thought about their own books (right?), Tag, You’re Dead would lend itself very well to the big screen!

Tag, You’re Dead has six protagonists – all teenagers. I scoured the web and my brain for teenage actors who would fit the parts, and came up short. All of the actors I considered were too old, or just not quite right for some other reason. Perhaps the best way to cast this movie would be to find six people who are unknown, so that casting would be even throughout the story. Plus, I would feel so great if this book could be a launching pad for six great young actors. But I’ll give my own casting a shot.

Race and body type are important for several of the characters, as those characteristics play parts in the story. For instance, Tyrese Broadstreet is a big, athletic African-American basketball player (described as “glorious”). I think of him as a younger Michael B. Jordan (or the other Michael Jordan, for that matter). His counterpart, Robert Matthews, is equally as big, also a basketball player, but white. Someone like a teenage Charlie...[read on]
Visit J.C. Lane's website.

My Book, The Movie: Tag, You're Dead.

--Marshal Zeringue