Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sharon Potts's "Someone Must Die," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Someone Must Die by Sharon Potts.

The entry begins:
An Interview with Alfred Hitchcock

I: Mr. Hitchcock, welcome back. You’re looking well, though perhaps a bit stiffer than the last time we met.

AH: Good evening. Stiff, you say? My young sir, you should try digging yourself out of a grave.

I: Um, yes, well. I appreciate you speaking to us about your latest project, Mr. Hitchcock. We’ve heard rumors that you’ve agreed to produce and direct a new movie based on Sharon Potts’s latest novel Someone Must Die.

AH: The rumors are indeed true. Potts’s new suspense novel is about how the past haunts the present, a theme I find particularly intriguing. The backdrop for Someone Must Die is the college revolutionary period of the late sixties, a volatile time that’s been on my movie-project bucket list. But the story is very much a present-day psychological thriller about a young woman who becomes an inadvertent victim of her parents’ activities during the sixties.

I: Can you give us a brief overview of the plot?

AH: Certainly. When her six-year-old nephew is abducted...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Sharon Potts' website.

My Book, The Movie: In Their Blood.

My Book, The Movie: Someone’s Watching.

The Page 69 Test: The Devil's Madonna.

My Book, The Movie: Someone Must Die.

--Marshal Zeringue