Sunday, June 19, 2016

Karin Salvalaggio's "Walleye Junction," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Walleye Junction: Macy Greeley Mysteries (Volume 3) by Karin Salvalaggio.

The entry begins:
Walleye Junction, the third novel in the Macy Greeley mystery series, is set in a rural community in northern Montana. Tucked beneath the majestic peaks of the Whitefish Range, the Flathead Valley is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Given this richly visual material it’s hardly surprising that my readers often ask if my novels will ever be made into films. Unfortunately, I’m still waiting for Hollywood to call, but in the meantime it’s fun to fantasize. I recently sat down with a friend who works in the film industry to discuss who would be ideal to play the various roles in Walleye Junction. It was only after drinking an entire bottle of wine and some serious soul-searching that we agree on a cast list. Hard work but someone has to do it!

Macy Greeley, the special investigator central to the series, isn't ever described as attractive yet people are drawn to her. I like to think it boils down to a healthy mix of intelligence, charisma and tenacity. Though I'd originally chosen Jessica Chastain for the role, my girlfriend convinced me that Ruth Wilson (The Affair, Luther) would be the better choice.

Emma Long has returned to her hometown Walleye Junction following her father's murder. She is a woman who I'd describe as elegantly detached - even when devastated her actions are carefully contained. We agreed that Elizabeth...[read on]
Visit Karin Salvalaggio's website.

The Page 69 Test: Burnt River.

My Book, The Movie: Walleye Junction.

--Marshal Zeringue