Friday, February 05, 2016

Patrick H. Breen's "The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood: A New History of the Nat Turner Revolt by Patrick H. Breen.

Part of his entry:
For the actors, The Land would need a large ensemble that could present the dilemma of resisting and upholding slavery in ways that no one has ever done on film. (On stage there have been efforts to present a more complex story about slave resistance, including John Guare’s A Free Man of Color; if offered I would welcome the Lincoln Center’s 2010-2011 entire cast into my film.) Given my druthers among film actors, I would love to see Michael B. Jordan head this cast. He could be a compelling Nat Turner, portraying a man who was able to launch the South’s most important and deadly slave insurrection. Since I’m casting, I’ll also include Laurence...[read on]
Learn more about The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood at the Oxford University Press website.

The Page 99 Test: The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood.

My Book, The Movie: The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood.

--Marshal Zeringue