Thursday, August 07, 2014

James Howard Kunstler's "A History of the Future," the movie

Featured at My Book, the Movie: A History of the Future by James Howard Kunstler.

The entry begins:
This book is third in a four-book cycle called collectively the World Made By Hand novels, named after the first of the series. They are all set in a small town in far upstate New York in the years following the economic collapse of the USA. I’ve already made two journeys (2009, 2011) to the top level of HBO with these books — both times I was beaten out by rival books that featured zombies (mine lacked zombies). A central character in all the books is the evangelical minister, Brother Jobe, head honcho of a Jesus cult that has left the “disorders” of the south to settle his 78 “brothers and sisters” in my northern village of Union Grove, New York. Early on, I had imagined Philip...[read on]
Visit James Howard Kunstler's website.

Writers Read: James Howard Kunstler.

The Page 69 Test A History of the Future.

My Book, the Movie: A History of the Future.

--Marshal Zeringue