Tuesday, August 26, 2014

M. P. Cooley's "Ice Shear," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Ice Shear by M. P. Cooley.

The entry begins:
Figuring out who would play the characters in the movie of Ice Shear is a challenge, but a fun one. My book is populated by regular folks who lack shiny hair and coordinated outfits, and for many of them, I didn’t develop a fixed idea of actors who might play them. Even my hero June only came to me in flashes: blond with pale blue eyes, slim, broad shouldered, and with a stillness and strength that comes from living through the grief of her husband’s death and taking care of her young daughter. Charlize Theron has that stillness as well as a physicality that convinces me that she could beat up an enforcer for an outlaw biker gang.

June’s partner Dave could be played by Mark...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at M. P. Cooley's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Ice Shear.

--Marshal Zeringue