Monday, June 17, 2013

Jessica Anya Blau's "The Wonder Bread Summer," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Wonder Bread Summer by Jessica Anya Blau.

The entry begins:
I love movies as much as I love books, so this is a fun question. I know Steven Soderbergh has quit making movies but I’d like to pull him out of retirement to make this film. I love the energy in Out of Sight, probably one of his least-known films but one that I think was underrated. I thought The Limey was fabulous (and underrated) and loved the oddness of it. And, of course, this book is a caper so, stylistically, the Ocean’s movies have the right tension, wit and tone for The Wonder Bread Summer.

Now let’s cast this Soderbergh production! For Allie, my 20-year old Berkeley student who’s on the lam with a bread bag full of cocaine, we need...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Jessica Anya Blau's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Jessica Anya Blau and Pippa.

The Page 69 Test: The Wonder Bread Summer.

My Book, The Movie: The Wonder Bread Summer.

--Marshal Zeringue