Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Anita Hughes's "Market Street," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Market Street by Anita Hughes.

The entry begins:
I write very visually - I can see characters and locations when I write. Market Street is set in San Francisco. We all know San Francisco makes a wonderful backdrop for movies - Vertigo, Nine Months, Escape From Alcatraz, Milk. There is an almost endless list of great films that have been shot in San Francisco. So that would be the easiest thing to cast (and I see the location as a character itself).

The main character in Market Street is Cassie Blake - the young wife of a UC Berkeley Ethics professor who must choose between her crumbling marriage and opening a food emporium in Fenton's, her mother's high end department store. Cassie is about thirty - a bright, spunky brunette who has to navigate unfamiliar waters when she discovers her husband has been seduced by a student. I have been a huge fan of Rachel...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Anita Hughes's website.

Writers Read: Anita Hughes (July 2012).

My Book, The Movie: Market Street.

--Marshal Zeringue