Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stephan Talty's "Black Irish," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Black Irish by Stephan Talty.

The entry begins:
Casting a film of Black Irish would actually be strange for me. I don't see a face when I picture Abbie, I only think of a mood. Restlessness, pugnacity, and a desire for something that's always out of reach. That's how I think of Abbie, as always being in this permanent state of searching and getting desperate when she doesn't find what it is she wants. I would imagine that's a fairly common description of people who never knew their own parents. Abbie is an orphan and an exile and that's what drives her.

I think Jennifer Lawrence would be super. There's one scene in Silver Linings Playbook where she's standing behind a door listening to Bradley Cooper talk about her, and the range of different kinds of pain and hope that flit across her face - well, that would be perfect for Abbie.

Her father? I wish I could say...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Stephan Talty's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Black Irish.

--Marshal Zeringue