Saturday, February 02, 2013

Cassandra Rose Clarke's "The Mad Scientist's Daughter," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke.

The entry begins:
I’m enough of a movie nerd that I picked out a dream director to go with my dream cast, so let’s start there. I would love to see The Mad Scientist’s Daughter movie directed by Wong Kar-wai, a Hong Kong director I’m sort of obsessed with. His films depict repressed longing and separated lovers beautifully, and he captures intense, subtle emotions through a blend of music and striking imagery. I would be thrilled to see how he’d adapt my book.

Next up is casting. The novel follows the main character, Cat, over the course of about thirty years, with a sizable chunk of time spent on when she’s in high school and college. For young Cat, I can’t think of anyone more perfect than...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Cassandra Rose Clarke's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: The Mad Scientist's Daughter.

--Marshal Zeringue