Friday, July 06, 2012

Kitty Pilgrim's "The Stolen Chalice," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Stolen Chalice by Kitty Pilgrim.

The entry begins:
The one question I am asked is who would I like to play my character John Sinclair in a film. Sinclair is the hero of both The Explorer's Code and the recently released The Stolen Chalice.

I thought about Sinclair a lot before I wrote the book(s). Someone told me to write an entire biography of the character before starting the novel and I found that served me very well. I went through a whole checklist of questions ranging from “what was Sinclair’s most tragic moment?” to “what is Sinclair’s favorite cocktail?”.

In brief Sinclair is a tall, dark handsome archaeologist who made a fortune in the tech industry and then went on to pursue his passion – digging in ancient ruins in Ephesus, Turkey.

The actor that plays John Sinclair has to be a rugged archaeologist type who doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty – but who can also be a man about town in London and a seductive charmer on the Cote d’Azur. Sinclair has a lot of baggage – plenty of past girlfriends, the tragic loss of his wife, a moody streak that makes him aloof and remote. I picture a modern  Cary Grant with moody overtones of someone like Clive...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Kitty Pilgrim's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Stolen Chalice.

--Marshal Zeringue