Monday, July 23, 2012

Jessica Brody's "52 Reasons to Hate My Father," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody.

The entry begins:
I have to admit, I normally have a really hard time answering the question: “who do you see as the lead role if your book were turned into a film.” Because as the writer, I don’t actually picture my character that often in the writing process. I see the world through her eyes instead. I become her. So it’s hard for me to say who would play her. However, with this book, the movie rights were optioned before I even started writing it and so I kind of wrote the book imagining (and hoping!) that it would become a movie someday. Which I think helped me make the story more visual as I wrote. But I still didn’t have an actress in mind. Then, more recently, I was told that Victoria ...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Jessica Brody's website and blog.

Brody's books include two novels for adults--The Fidelity Files and Love Under Cover--and the young adult novels The Karma Club and My Life Undecided.

Writers Read: Jessica Brody (October 2009).

My Book, The Movie: 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.

--Marshal Zeringue