Saturday, May 12, 2012

William Dietrich’s "The Emerald Storm," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Emerald Storm by William Dietrich.

The entry begins:
“When will it be a movie?” is one of the most frequent questions I get when speaking about my Ethan Gage adventure books, including the latest, The Emerald Storm.

“Who should play Ethan?” I reply.

The female vote has tended to favor Hugh Jackman, the handsome Aussie, who indeed could have fun with the role. Eric Bana and James Franco are also hunks fans have offered.

Fun is the operative word. I have a hero who is not just heroic but at times funny, confused, or failing. It takes an adept actor to pull off that kind of cheek. Robert Downey Jr. brings a modern smirk to Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, but I think he might be a little too commanding and contemporary as Ethan Gage.

Johnny Depp would be fascinating, as always, but is not quite...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at William Dietrich's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Emerald Storm.

--Marshal Zeringue