Thursday, May 03, 2012

Mariah Fredericks's "The Girl in the Park," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks.

The entry begins:
I'm a frustrated casting director. I love picking actors for roles in books or thinking about who should play what historical figure. (Why has no one cast Tommy Lee Jones as LBJ—why, why?) I don't generally imagine real actors playing the parts in my books. But once I started researching, it was huge fun to think about what certain performers would bring to the roles. If I'm going for box office, Robert Pattinson could make a terrific Nico, as he is so skilled at playing attractive but deadly. And actually, Kristen Stewart could play Rain. Not only is she a great actress, she has a shyness and discomfort with public speaking that make her right for the part. I'd also love to see Mia...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Mariah Fredericks's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Girl in the Park.

--Marshal Zeringue