Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Alex Adams's "White Horse," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: White Horse by Alex Adams.

The entry begins:
I don't populate my stories with famous faces. Sometimes my characters don't wear faces at all. They remain hazy, with features that stand out only when they need to.

But lately people have been asking questions about who I'd cast in the various roles, should a production company snap up White Horse's film rights. So I've been sifting through faces.

Kate Winslet would really work for Zoe. As my protagonist, the whole story is filtered through her point of view, so the role needs an actor strong enough to carry every scene. Is there anything Kate can't do? I don't think so.

There's no one I've ever seen as Nick Rose. None of the current crop of Hollywood stars would work for me, so he'd have to be a complete unknown.

I'm not all that familiar with the UK's young stars, so for Lisa, the young blind woman Zoe saves, I'd have to go with...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Alex Adams's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: White Horse.

--Marshal Zeringue